my accountshopping bag
ya talk

Friday, March 06, 2009

Fun Friday: Shampoo Optional

I read everywhere these days that celebs are big proponents of not washing their hair every day. Some are down to once or twice a week! Sounds kind of icky, but as a mom of a toddler with another baby due any day, I’ll take any shortcuts I can find. Plus, it’s supposed to keep your hair healthier and shinier because it doesn’t get as dried out.

I hate to admit it, but I just can’t follow through! The first day, I style my hair as usual, using just a tiny amount of product. The morning of the second day is usually fine; I touch up with a straightener and some hairspray, and can leave the house feeling pretty good. But by the end of the day, my hair is flatter than day-old champagne. Of course, no one else has ever mentioned that my hair looks a little limp, but I feel so incredibly self-conscious that I’m embarrassed for even my husband to see me!

I guess when you have a team of stylists, hair gurus, and other professionals at your beck and call to touch up any errant strays or limp-looking locks, the shower-optional look can work for you. As for me, I’ll see you in the shampoo aisle.

0 Comments:

Powered by Modern Retail