my accountshopping bag
ya talk

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Great Grey Days


There is one trend I keep coming across while shopping that I haven’t found mentioned in any runway recaps. Grey is still a hot, hot color, though it isn’t talked about much. I’m not sure why that is, though it may be that it’s become so popular it doesn’t need to be mentioned anymore. I was a little reluctant to put too much money into buying grey at first because I was afraid it would be a flash-in-the-pan. Turns out I was wrong. Grey is a great neutral, but it’s also a fun color all by itself.

Yaya’s just received a great collection of suiting pieces from Nicole Benisti in grey stripes. I’m loving them. They’re cut well, classy, and cute. The pants, vest, and jacket can be worn together as a suit, with printed shoes for a fun kick. Or mix the individual pieces with funkier items for a variety of looks. A bright button-down under the vest would be great with jeans for a weekend look, or with the pants for a put-together look that isn’t quite as formal as the whole suit. Colored shoes and chunky jewelry would complete the look perfectly.

Also check out the suit with skirt from Nicole Benisti in brown plaid. Love those, too!

Powered by Modern Retail